- Information you provide to us or we collect from you when you visit our site.
- Information you provide when setting up an account and using our site includes your first and last names, email and user name. We may allow you to set up your account with us by linking or logging in through your accounts with other third party service providers (including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter and Tumblr) ("third party accounts"). By setting up your account on our site through such third party accounts, we may, from time to time, be provided with or have access to your information available through such third party accounts.
- We may ask you for further specific information if you enter any promotions or report a problem on our site.
- We may ask you to complete surveys for research purposes although your response is optional.
- We may ask you for further specific information if we are required under a legal obligation to do so.
- If you make any payment transactions on our site, you may be asked for specific transaction details as required by the respective payment applications.
- Site activity information such as all your actions on our site, your use of services and applications may be collected. We may also collect information about your browser type, location, IP address and the pages that you visit within our site.
- Your user name is available to the public once your account is created, should you choose to use or associate your real name with your user name, please note that your activities on our site may then be associated personally to you.
- We may, from time to time, obtain information from other third parties and sources, including but not limited to our partners and advertisers.
- What is the information used for?
We use the information provided or collected to operate, maintain and enhance features and services found on our site. We also use such information to track user-generated content as well the users so as to comply with laws and regulations when necessary.
Gathering information on you such as birth date, gender and nationality lets us know the key target demographics of users for us to better serve our users.
We may also wish to send you any information, promotions, updates including marketing and advertising materials in relation to our services.
We may also use the information to update our services and provide additional services on our site based on the general profile of information collected. We may also wish to contact you with service-related announcements and personalised advertising.
If the information is intended to be provided to a third party, we may verify the accuracy of such information and obtain your consent for the collection, use and/or disclosure of such information.
- Can you opt out?
As highlighted above, we may use the information collected to send you communications, surveys and information to improve our site and for marketing and promotional efforts. Whenever we send you any communications, surveys or information, we will include instructions on how to unsubscribe and include a link to do so. If you do not wish to receive further information of a similar nature, or you do not wish for us to contact you, you may opt out by logging in to your account on our site and changing the necessary settings for your account, or by following the instructions included in the communications, surveys or information we send you.
You may withdraw your consent to the use of your information for the purposes for which it was collected, in part or in whole.
For administrative purposes, all applications for such withdrawal of consent must be made in writing to our Data Protection Officer(s). We may require you to fill in certain forms in order to verify your identity and to process your application to withdraw consent. We will notify you of any consequence of such withdrawal, for instance if any service will be restricted to you. We shall not be responsible for any legal obligations, liabilities and/or repercussions arising out of the withdrawal of your consent.
Please note that a withdrawal of consent only prohibits the future/continued use and disclosure of the information concerned and does not obligate us to destroy such information. Retention and destruction of the information will continue to be subject to our policies stated herein.
- Disclosure of your information
- When you make payments on our site, we may share transaction information with third parties to as to enable completion of the transaction.
- We may share information with advertisers or marketers to help promote our services or to offer joint services or to provide you with additional services. In these situations, we will not disclose any information that will personally identify you.
- Can you change and update your particulars?
You may change, correct or update your particulars by signing into your account to do so. We may require you to verify your identity before any foresaid requests are processed.
If you are not able to change your data on our site, you may also submit a written request to our Data Protection Officer(s) to do so. We may also require you to verify your identity before processing your written requests and will respond to your request within a reasonable time.
- How your data is protected
In order to protect the personal information provided to us by you, we will use commercially reasonable efforts, technologies and safeguards.
We will regularly monitor our site for any abuse or fraudulent use and may remove inappropriate content, suspend or disable accounts in response to such abuse.
All information gathered by us is stored in systems that may only be accessed by our authorised personnels.
While we will do our best to keep your personal information secure, due to the nature of transmission of information over the internet, we make no guarantee on the security of any of your data transmitted to our site.
We do not retain your information for longer than is reasonably necessary to fulfill the purposes for which the information was collected for.
This policy will apply to the personal information of deceased individuals for a period of 10 years from the date of death, after which the information may be used, disclosed and/or destroyed at the Peeqr’s discretion.
We may in certain circumstances retain information for record or development purposes. In such situations, the information will be anonymised.
- Violations and Contact/Notices
Further questions and inquiries may be directed to the Personal Data Protection Commission at: email@example.comTelephone+65 6377 3131Emailinfo@pdpc.gov.sgOperating Hours
PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION COMMISSION8.30am - 6.00pm (Mondays - Thursdays)8.30am - 5.30pm (Fridays)Closed on Weekends and Public Holidays
- Governing Law